Sunday, September 23, 2007

Intro to IHMSA

Here's a shooting sport I just happened to stumble upon in 2005, and am I ever glad I did. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most fun I've ever had with a gun, save for rabbit hunting when the bunnies are plentiful. The sport is called International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association, IHMSA (pronounced "m-sah") for short, and it is a blast. Believe me, if it wasn't fun I wouldn't be in my third season of it. Below, you'll find a link to a video on YouTube giving you an idea of what I'm talking about.



Here the link to the organization's website.








I can't speak about all chapters, but I know the one that holds the matches I attend allows a person to shoot their first match for free (matches thereafter are $5 or $6 per discipline entered). But be careful, once you try it, you'll likely be hooked.
Take care.
DAL357

No comments: