Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Skunked


There is no joy in Mudville today. I didn't get drawn for either an elk or a deer tag in the area I wanted this year; I doubt I'll bother with an over-the-counter license.

What does this mean for you? Not a dang thing. But for me it means I'll be able to concentrate more on my first hunting love: busting bunnies with my 12 ga.

Looking on the bright side of things (what else can I do?), I now have two preference points to use on my next elk tag application and one for the next deer tag application. That should, I hope, net me at least one tag for the 2009 season.

By the way, I have a new (to me) idea on how to hunt rabbits closer to home and use less gasoline. I need to check on the state regulations first, but if it pans out, I'll post the idea here.

Take care.
DAL357

No comments: