Saturday, June 21, 2008

My tip for mankind


We're all adults here, right? If you don't indulge in the following practice at least once in a while, I'd be stunned. Now I have empirical evidence as to why you should just stop it.

Would you like to gain the upper hand on that bane of mankind's existence, the common cold? Simply do the following: Do not, under any circumstances, pick your nose, or put any of your digits near your nostrils.

NEVER, EVER.

Even if you've just thoroughly washed your hands and underneath your nails, you can't ever be sure that each and every cold-causing microbe is gone, so don't do the digital-nasal probe. Use tissues or toilet paper (preferably unused) to clear/clean your nose, and nothing else.

Without going into all of the details, I decided to do this last fall, and except for a very minor scratchy throat this spring, I did not get sick last winter, even though my son got several colds during the same period.

No need to thank me; I'm happy to help. Try it yourself and see the difference.

Take care.
DAL357

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not under any circumstances, going to stop recycling my toilet paper.